Saturday, July 30, 2011

Missiles, missiles, missiles, DO THE MATH!


Recently, defense writer David Axe has appeared all over the web exclaiming missiles, missiles, missiles and basically commenting on China’s dastardly plan to overcome any form of technological advantage by pummeling it with trusty, reliable missiles. Likewise, it is regularly accepted that the PLA’s plan in any Taiwan Contingency would be to obliterate any resistance with more Dong Feng’s than you can shake a stick at.

Now, I am certainly no missile expert, neither am I very good at math. In fact I am a self-diagnosed numeric-dyslexic or Dyscalculia. So math certainly isn’t my strong point, but every time I hear the numbers for the Chinese missile threat I have to check myself to make sure I’m hearing it correctly.

So, I’m going to take this opportunity to spell these numbers out slowly to see if I’m getting these figures wrong somehow.

CONTINUE READING THIS STORY AT MY NEW SITE HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment